Donald Anthony Alligood

[Legendary Pilot]






Black Star Lycan Rangers CO - Pilot License # 201635

Donald A. Alligood, founder of the Black Star is a "born to fight" mecha pilot who does not question the reasons of life, but keeps living plentiful and every day enjoying the experience of piloting a mech as if has always been the first time.

His tireless energy and enthusiasm makes him look in some senses, as if he kept being a child, despite being dressed with one of the most expensive and deadlier of the Niode and Ferrite titan suit of the Galaxy; but when he joins his cockpit, he becomes a pilot to be feared and avoided if you lacked the capabilities to fight a real legendary pilot.

In his own words:

"I am "Poppa D, the King of Blades", one who strives for perfection and to be the best. A goal that will probably never be attained, but one that keeps him improving in any área he can find an advantage in. Once you stop trying to improve, you start to deteriorate, or more accurately get bypassed by others continuing to improve."


~ ~ ~

Weapons of choice (at level 118):

Laser and Cannon: 75
Fire: 60
Ice: 52
Missile: 50

First Gold Medals (per categories):

Clan Wars VIII with Mec Grinders in 5th division.
Circuit 222th Champ. Dec 3284.
King Chrono in division 4. Jan 3287.
Faction Wars 3293 with the Storm in 1st division.

~ ~ ~

Recorded videoptics files.- Subjet: Live Interview with Donald Anthony Alligood.
Date: March 03, 3320.
Location: Visitors Meeting Room in the 21th Deck aboard the Black Quark. Black Star Space Cruise Class Eclipse.


Mechanomicon - We have the pleasure to meet a living pilot legend and leader of the Back Star faction. We are talking about Donald A. Aligood. Greetings Sir.

Donald. A. Alligood. -Thank you. It is a pleasure to be here.


M. - One of my usual first question to our pilots is to ask about their origins... So, where are you from Sir?

D.A.A. - I am from a small town called Salem in the Unite States of America, in Old Terra.


M. - Another pilot coming from Old Terra. The cradle of mankind seems to be a Factory of elite pilots in our Galaxy!

How did you happen to become a mecha pilot?


D.A.A. - The first time I laid eyes on one, I knew it was my calling. It was love at first fight *smiles*


M. - Which one was your first piloted mech?

D.A.A. - A red ant, of course. But one of those ancient mining versions, that had been junked or scrapped or somehow lost and ran across it on a hunting expedition. With a Little TLC I got it running again, but I knew the path I had to follow after that.


M.- Do you remember the kind of emotions you had in your first time piloting the red ant?

D.A.A. - "Wow" is not a big enough Word to explain it... it was a mixture of "amazingness" mixed with some heart pounding while the stomach turned and twisted and knotted. I really had a lot of effects and emotions and I became obsessed with becoming one with the mecha. To move and feel and shoot as if it were an extensión of my myself.


M. - *Nods* An experience shared by many pilots. Do you think the path of the mecha pilot has altered your own conscience in any sense?

D.A.A.- I don't know about altered, but it has definitely fined tuned my focus, anticipation and reaction speeds.


M.- Fine. Do you remember which one was the first mercenary clan you joined?

D.A.A. - Ghost Bear. It was a very quiet clan, but I made my first friend there, William Howell, who started teaching me how to improve my mecha abilities. We only spent one tournament in Ghost Bear before leaving.

In 3271 I joined Williams' Clan Werewolves and in 3272, I created the Black Star Lycan Rangers. Soon, after we teamed up with Mec Grinders for a trifecta of clans, we called it the Apocalypse League.


M. -  Apocalypse League, ominous sound! So prior to Werewolves and Back Star, how was your experience with Ghost Bear and Werewolves?

D.A.A. - Ghost Bear was the biggest disappointment because it was so inactive, or quiet rather. Very lacking communicating. Guess I should also note that there were a couple Ghost Bears clans and I assume I was in the one full of alts. I don't know. Even though we only won a bronze.

The clan Werewolves was better. Back then recruiting was easy and we tended to grow faster, or maybe William just knew a bunch of pilots looking for a clan.


M. - Alts, as we, pilots usually refer to the clones made by a pilot to feed his own squad, clan or faction... What do you think about them, the clones?

D.A.A. - Overall I don't care, but the more you made of yourself, the harder is going to be your life. I have four of myself... The drain your time man, as you have to watch them closely and to keep them strong. Also, the more overpowered they became from stalking their path stacked in the same division, the less joy they experience... That can quite upset more than a clone, sending him into a psychotic spiral.


M.- When you refer "less joy", do you mean you enjoy the Mecha Tournaments and Wars, as the harsh and dangerous life of a pilot?

D.A.A. - Yes, I do mean to enjoy the mecha Tournament. I have always felt like the middle level of the wars were the most fun cause there was the most competition. I like planning and building to overcome a rival. I like the sense of accomplishment, so I guess I like the challenge, which in many ways I suppose I do approach like a game.


M. - 3288. This year you joined the Republic of Zeon, then, a year later just Zeon. Currently now the Second strongest clan only behind Fusion. Through the Craftsmen Tournament records, we can track your steps with Zeon until the year 3311... twenty three years of many gods and some silvers with Zeon and the Storm during the faction wars... What do you recall from that glorious stage?

D.A.A. - They were a great group, helpful in every way. I wouldn't be the pilot I am today without them... but when we reached the point where we dominated most everyone for a really long time, the only challenge had I gotten powerful enough to beat people way over my pilot level. Can I run the gauntlet on this clan defeating every member? It got rather tedious for a while and I'm sure more than a couple of us had swelled heads because of it.

But it was great to be a part of Zeon. I would probably still be there except I wanted to spend some time fighting alongside my mom and dad, who always have been pilots of Black Star.


M. - But in 3313, you left Zeon to join the MMI faction, with the Isle of Misfits Toys... A new gold with a different flag...

D.A.A. - Well, for that one war we dissolved the Lycan Rangers to join with MMI, and reformed after the tournament.


M. - And after the 3314 Faction War event in which your people teamed with the Brotherhood and Dragons.

D.A.A. - Correct.


M. - In that Faction Wars you achieved gold in the Second División. What memories do you keep from that experience with those two large factions?

D.A.A. - MMI... We as Black Star have a good history of cooperation. We have had quite a few of their pilots over from time to time, and it was fun to go help them out. The Dragon faction was seriously dominant, they probably could have beat two of the factions in the First División. That particular faction war though was the first one Zeon hosted and MMI was pretty much Split between the Zeon faction and the Fusion one, and we wouldn't had the skills to compete with those two.


M. - Then, in 3315 was your return, embracing back your familiar crew. A great success as you have been earning gold medals in divisions 4 and 5 since that day.

In the total ranking of the Mercenary Clans, what spot do you think does the Black Star Lycan Rangers keep?

D.A.A. - Well, assuming we were talking about normal size clans, not as good as Death's Collectors, but capable to beat anyone else between them and ourselves.


M. - That would easily place your clan in the top ten.

A rare find is to meet a whole family of pilots... When not an extraordinary event due the difficulty to become a Mecha Pilot. How is your relation with your parents?

D.A.A. -  most of the pilots outside of mom and dad, like Craig, RW, and Mark, have been with us for a really long time, and Steve Ross was a longtime friend from Zeon so we considere everyone not inmediatelly family, extnded family, and thats the biggest reason why we have stayed together, We become one big family.


M. - BSLR has been for a good amount of time a champion in their field. Do you feel any other clan or faction might try to dethrone you? Any nemesis that might bring the best of your efforts to stay unbeatable?

D.A.A. - In all honesty, the AFF could probably put together a clan and might knock us off, but then, they could lose D3 by doing that. The Dragon Clans are getting pretty close. They will pose the most immediate threat and will probably be able to dethrone us soon than later.


M. - You won the status and renown as a Legendary Pilot in 3288, after the XVIII Clan Wars, when you bested The Brotherhood 1st Kearney Highlanders ambushing them into a crossfire in wich you risked yourself through the Brotherhood line to lure them into the trap. You performed then an unstoppable run trampling their lines. How did that achievement make you feel?

D.A.A. - Actually, the Craftsmen contacted my dad and it was his story. Mom, dad and Jack pulled that off, but I think the Craftsmen thought my dad and myself being the same person and they contacted me... *laughs* I am not really sure on that one, but it made me feel pretty good.


M. - Your action in said tournament made you the pilot of the moment, in part, thanks to your skilled use of the formidable Skriags. What are the capabilities ad qualities that made you fell in love with the Skriag Class?

D.A.A. - It is tough, resilient and versatile. Its trample ability forces a major change in the way its defensed. Skriag is probably the best 80 tons or lesser mech. The extreme high precisión of the Dilophos makes of them one of the few mechas that stand up to them very well.


M. - Long time ago circulated rumours about your worship of the Skriag cult in the secret temple of Vupa-6... Is that right?

D.A.A. - I believe they set up an altar for me *laughs*. My name has been thrown about a Little bit at the Skriag temples.


M. -  Can you throw some light about that Skriag cult for the Mechanomicon scholars?

D.A.A. - They love their Skriags. They did start a big change in the Mecha Wars which was further exploited by the Torrent. A well equipped Skriag can hold its own against a Torrent though, just can't wide fork.


M. - As the great and minor manufacturers started releasing new, stronger and bigger war titans, which one has lured your attention?

D.A.A. - Well, the Boreas and Regis are pretty much the standard under the 100 tons. And they can hold its own even against the big Behemoths... But the notos and fext perform very well. I do have a soft spot for the Aspis though. I think it is my personal favourite.


M. - Turning our attention towards the real wars and the menaces constantly besieging our Galaxy, which one has been the most dangerous in your opinion?

D.A.A. - Oh, that is a real good question. We had a lot of pretty good fights and our own epic tales against the Unification has been quite an adventure; Dr. Drake and his clone army were always fun, but I think my personal favourite one is Evil Santa. I am going to figure out a way to capture a few of those elf mechs. Would be even cooler to get the Santa Man's mech himself.


M. - Any last Word for our readers?

D.A.A. - Enjoy yourself. Love makes the world go around. Life is too short to be miserable, so make the best you can out of it and have fun.


M. - Excellent words. has been a pleasure to meet you Sir.

D.A.A. - The pleasure was mine. Have a great day Sir.





Entry and interview with Donald A. Alligood (201635) by GJ (685605)